What is a Traffic Manager or Application Delivery Controller (ADC)?
ADCs are deployed in data centers to optimize application performance, security and resource efficiency by offloading servers, providing deep payload inspection, making best use of complex protocols. Originally deployed for externally-facing Web applications, now used to deliver services for many types of business applications and protocols. Recent developments in software-based and virtual ADC platforms provide more deployment flexibility, especially in cloud services and virtual environments.
With SteelApp Application Delivery you can realise the benefits of virtualization
“We upgraded to Riverbed SteelApp Traffic Manager running on a VMware virtual infrastructure, as software is more flexible and better suited for virtualized and cloud environments. We implemented and installed the software in a matter of hours and it plays a vital role in the infrastructure that supports the delivery of rich media content, the donations section of the site, as well as call center applications.”
- Christian Riley, Technical Consultant, Comic Relief
Give your end users a highly available, high-performance experience. This full-featured virtual Layer 7 ADC (application delivery controller) does far more than balance workloads to your enterprise websites and cloud services. It also controls and optimizes end-user services by inspecting, transforming, prioritizing, and routing application traffic.
- Make applications more reliable with local and global load balancing
- Create, manage, and deliver Layer 7 services more quickly and at lower cost
- Control and optimize end-user services by differentiating and prioritizing application traffic
Get started with a free SteelApp Traffic Manager software download
Improve user experience while reducing costs and downtime with SteelApp
"We obtained between 85% and 90% savings on CAPEX. On top of an 8x reduction in costs, we estimate a 20x gain in network performance measured in transactions per second. We were also able to achieve at least 30–40% increased efficiency in our ability to manage the new environment, in contrast to our previous hardware platform."
- Denos Christofi, Senior Solutions Principal EMC Global Managed Services.
SteelApp’s software form factor provides far greater flexibility, enabling network administrators to accelerate, optimize, and secure business transactions in physical, virtual, and cloud environments. SteelApp application delivery controller enables organizations to accelerate services, increase capacity and reduce costs by offloading performance-limiting tasks including SSL and compression. The software also enables administrators to cache commonly requested content and manage traffic delivery to applications to increase performance.
- Reduce the costs associated with supporting applications.
- Deploy innovative architectures that provide a competitive advantage.
- Reducing the amount of time it takes to deploy applications and realize application ROI.
- Improve employee and customer satisfaction with higher-performing, more reliable applications.
- Pay as you grow pricing minimizes optimizes CAPEX cost due to overprovisioning
Download ESG Whitepaper: ROI Benefits from Automating Application Delivery Solutions
Back To Top
SteelApp is part of the most complete application performance platform for location-independent computing.