Build Your Hybrid WAN Easily. Leverage the Internet Instantly. Try SteelConnect.
Part one of a nine-part series of use cases for SteelConnect
Every business wants high performing, SLA-guaranteed bandwidth to ensure network availability and app performance. The downside: it’s expensive.
Now businesses are turning to hybrid networks—a mix of MPLS, Internet VPN, and public Internet—for cost and performance benefits.
As businesses add more and different links, the complexity for managing quality, failover, and traffic routing rules for a diverse application portfolio increases. Manual configuration of remote resources, especially routers in the branch, is costly and difficult, often requiring expensive IT expertise onsite, difficult CLI-based configuration and the risk of human error and misconfiguration.
SteelConnect, a Riverbed SD-WAN solution, dramatically simplifies the management of multiple networks, including multiple Internets and multiple paths. SteelConnect utilizes cloud-based centralized management and a menu-driven, simplified design and workflow to create a business intent-based policy for automated deployment of multiple networks and path selection over them.
It’s as simple as saying “I want to use this Internet path with a default to the corporate MPLS,” then setting up a policy rule using choices from the pull down menu—no coding—and having all the steps to enable that policy rule occur automatically.
Now you can easily, securely and reliably connect your branches, mobile users and virtualized applications—without settling for static VPN and expensive MPLS, or avoiding Internet transport.
With SteelConnect, you can:
- Mix, augment or replace expensive MPLS with Internet or Internet VPN
- Easily set up elastic connections over any network or network mix between your branches, hybrid clouds and mobile users, encrypted end-to-end with IPSec
- Create security zones with policy-driven, dynamic segmentation of LAN and WiFi users across all locations
SteelConnect delivers three unique innovations that enable enterprises to modernize their network architecture:
- Ubiquitous and unified connectivity: SteelConnect provides a software-defined and application-defined connectivity fabric that spans WANs, remote office LANs and cloud infrastructure networks
- Business-aligned orchestration: SteelConnect bridges the performance gap between business needs and IT capabilities with meaningful visualization of networks and plain-language policies that drive zero-touch provisioning and easy change management.
- Cloud-centric workflow: Design first, then deploy. SteelConnect enables network architects to first virtually design their environments and networks before deploying a single, self-programming piece of hardware to any remote location.