APM User Conference: Free Training and Much More in Reston, VA
We’re less than a month away from the next APM User Conference on August 28-30 in Reston, VA.
The entire three-day event is completely free for the AppInternals and Aternity community and includes an optional full day of introductory product training. Registration and Call for Presentations (CFP) are still open. Seating is first come, first served. So, make sure you act soon.
We’re looking forward to seeing you in Reston.
A sample of what you can expect
We’re thrilled to have Mike Sargent, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Aternity Division, and our technology partner, Blue Triangle, slated as keynote speakers to kick off the proceedings on each day.
Other exciting sessions lined up include:
- Cloud native visibility and performance with our technology partner, Pivotal
- Remediation and Self-healing with Aternity Product Management Director, Adi Mendel
- Extensibility for AppInternals—how to build custom plug-ins
- Best practices around monitoring the different flavors of Kubernetes (Azure AKS, AWS ECS/EKS, OpenShift, Pivotal, etc)
- Implementing a CI/CD Pipeline with Elasticsearch and DevOps automation
- Monitoring cloud environments, including SaaS/Office 365
- Integrating Tableau with Aternity
- How to integrate AppInternals with Splunk
Training day schedule
On August 28, we’re offering a unique opportunity for you to expand the performance engineering footprint at your organization!
Share the product goodness with new and potential users with our free introductory product training where you’ll get hands-on access to the Riverbed Education Lab Environment. New users will get an introduction to using AppInternals and Aternity, and existing users will have the opportunity to experiment in a sandbox environment equipped with demo traffic and transactions for analysis and troubleshooting. The curriculum is based on the Associate level courses for the Riverbed Certified Performance Engineer (RCPE) Program.
Don’t forget to bring your laptop!
9:00 – 9:30am: Overview of SteelCentral EUE & APM
9:30 – 12:00pm: Introduction to AppInternals
- Triage and diagnose application performance problems using the AppInternals UI with hands-on lab
- Identify components of application delay
- Perform custom searches with an introduction to post-search analysis operations with hands-on lab
- Analyze end-to-end performance of individual transactions
1:00 – 3:00pm: Introduction to Aternity
- Monitor end-user experience using Aternity dashboard with hands-on lab
- Identify components of end-user delay
- Troubleshoot business activity performance with hands-on lab
- Achieve end-to-end visibility by integration end-user
3:30 – 4:00pm: What’s new and upcoming for Riverbed APM?
- Q&A session with Product Management
Connect, share, learn
We want to encourage you, our user community, to participate and share your experience and knowledge in performance engineering. If you feel passionate about a topic, please don’t hesitate to participate in the CFP—you will find many kindred spirits who will appreciate your expertise!
We only have a limited number of speaking slots still open so be sure to let us know as soon as possible if you’re interested.
Important dates and times
August 28: Training day
August 29-30: APM User Conference main sessions
Sessions begin at 9am on all days, with breakfast served at 8:30am. Lunch and coffee breaks are also included.
Still got questions? Email us at APMConf@riverbed.com.
Night out at Topgolf
To sweeten the deal, we’ve even booked a fun evening for you on Thursday night at Topgolf, a unique sports entertainment complex with a high-tech golf game you’ll want to try. Check out last year’s blog for all the fun you’ll miss if you can’t make it!
We look forward to seeing you next month!