Riverbed Code Analysis and Networking Ninja Challenges at AWS re:Invent 2018
At AWS re:Invent 2018, Riverbed is showcasing how we partner with AWS to help customers maximize the digital performance of their businesses. As part of our efforts, we’re hosting two separate challenges to demonstrate how our Digital Performance Platform empowers customers to realize the full potential of the AWS cloud:
- Code Analysis Challenge: For developers and operations, we’re demonstrating how to ensure your software and apps perform flawlessly, even in the most complex IT environments. Our Code Analysis Challenge will show you how fast and easy it is to identify and resolve code-level bugs or other performance issues using our APM solution, AppInternals. During the challenge, you’ll analyze application performance data to identify issues (e.g., slow response times, server delay, etc.), and then diagnose the root cause (e.g., transaction type, geographical location, class/method, etc.).
- Networking Ninja Challenge: If you consider yourself a Networking Ninja, then Riverbed, a veteran leader in WAN technology and an Advanced Technology Partner with AWS, would like to challenge you to rethink how you connect to the cloud and to other branch locations. Let’s test your networking ninjutsu with our SteelConnect, our SD-WAN solution. The challenge will take about seven (7) minutes for most, and you’ll get a taste of how networking has transformed to sync with cloud technologies and new business expectations.
By entering either challenge, all participants will automatically receive 14 days of free access to our e-learning lab so they can continue sharpening their performance engineering or networking chops. Those who successfully complete a challenge will receive 10 tickets for Riverbed’s final raffle drawing at AWS re:Invent for an Oculus Rift November 29, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. PT.
Read on for more details, contest rules, and terms and conditions.
How to Enter the Code Analysis Challenge
- Visit riverbedlab.com/conferences/reinvent2018 to complete the registration form. You will receive an automatically generated email.
- Follow the directions in the email to activate your account. Once activated, you will be automatically directed to the challenge page.
- Once there, you can access an optional tutorial to familiarize yourself with AppInternals. Click View Lab under Pre-Challenge Tutorial and then Launch Lab on the next screen.
- Start the challenge by selecting View Lab under Challenge 1: Code Analysis and then Launch Lab on the next screen. Note: The lab may take a few minutes to load.
- Follow the instructions in the right-hand panel to complete the challenge. You will submit your answers via the following survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RiverbedContest-APM-AWSreInvent.
Note: The survey will only allow one response per contestant. If you access this page and exit before submitting a finished survey, you will be prevented from further attempts.
- Your entry will be graded automatically to notify you of your results. If you successfully complete the lab, please revisit the Riverbed booth (#2729) to verify and receive your extra raffle tickets.
How to Enter the Networking Ninja Challenge
- Stop by Riverbed booth 2729 @ AWS re:Invent to express interest in entering!
- With an iPad, we’ll demonstrate how to connect to a new branch location and to an AWS VPC, all in seven (7) minutes or less. You’ll then set up a location and connect to a VPC, all under our watch.
- To receive 10 tickets for Riverbed’s final raffle @ the event, you must broadcast a screenshot of your achievement using your LinkedIn or Twitter account and tag #Riverbed to let the world know why you liked the solution you tested.
Terms and Conditions
How to enter: No purchase necessary. The Contest will consist of one (1) networking challenge or one (1) code analysis challenge. All participants will receive two weeks of free access to Riverbed’s e-learning lab.
Additionally, those who successfully complete the networking challenge by posting a screenshot to social media will receive 10 tickets for Riverbed’s final raffle drawing at AWS re:Invent for an Oculus Rift. Riverbed booth staff must verify post.
Those who successfully complete the code analysis challenge by answering a series of questions on application performance issues will also receive 10 tickets for Riverbed’s final drawing at AWS re:Invent for the Oculus Rift.
Final Raffle Drawing: Begins at 3:00PM PT and ends at approximately 3:10PM PT on Thursday, November 29th, 2018.
Go to the Riverbed booth (#2729) at AWS re:Invent to receive contest instructions, express interest in participating. A badge scan is required for entry and to receive raffle tickets.
Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older on the date the Contest begins. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees of Riverbed Technology, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies, their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible.
Raffle Winner Selection: One (1) potential winner for the Raffle will be selected at random from all raffle tickets received during the Raffle period. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the coordinators, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The odds of winning the grand prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Raffle period. Must be present to win.
Contest Winner Notification: For the networking challenge, each potential winner’s social posting must be verified by Riverbed booth staff and include hashtag #Riverbed. For the code analysis challenge, each potential winner will be notified after submitting their answers via the survey tool, and must revisit the Riverbed booth for verification by Riverbed booth staff.
To receive the 10 raffle tickets and for posting verification, visit the Riverbed booth (#2729) at AWS re:Invent before 3PM PT November 29th, 2018. Prize winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where permitted by law) to be returned within fourteen (14) days of written notification, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected for the applicable drawing.
Prizes: Two weeks free access to Riverbed’s e-learning lab awarded to EACH Contest participant. Raffle Prize: Oculus Rift + Touch: Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $399. Entrants agree that Sponsor has the sole right to determine the winners of the raffle drawing and all matters or disputes arising from any drawing and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Successful entries will be verified by Riverbed booth staff. ARV of all prizes awarded in this Contest: $XX. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for delays in prize delivery beyond its control. All other expenses and items not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules are not included and are the prizewinners’ sole responsibility.
General conditions: Entrants agree that by entering they agree to be bound by these rules. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the prizewinners.
Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the drawings, or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the drawing entries. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the giveaway, any prize won, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in the Contest.
Prize Forfeiture: Each prize will be awarded. If a potential winner cannot be notified, does not respond to notification, does not meet eligibility requirements, or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, then the applicable winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining eligible entries for the applicable drawing.
Dispute Resolution: Entrants agree that Sponsor has the sole right to determine the winners of the drawings and all matters or disputes arising from the drawings and that its determination is final and binding. There are no prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Governing Law: This Giveaway and these Official Rules will be construed in accordance with the local laws of the State of California.
Sponsor: Riverbed Technology, 680 Folsom St. San Francisco, CA 94107, USA.