The Evolution of the Cloud—Cloud Field Day 2018
There is probably not one corner of enterprise IT that isn’t touched by or connected to the cloud. If you don’t have a cloud strategy in place or in action, you probably aren’t undergoing any type of digital transformation. Enterprises are at varying stages of design or implementation, or even well into their next iteration. And, as time progresses, technologies in and around the cloud have become increasingly powerful but complex as well. Several IT professionals and corporate leaders will represent the Cloud Field Day #3 panel of delegates and will discuss many of the challenges facing enterprise IT in this digital age through a lively and insightful open forum.
Cloud Field Day covers a variety of subjects that are relevant to cloud-first, cloud-ready, cloud-considering, and fully cloud-enabled corporations. Past topics included containerization, orchestration, server-less computing, data storage/movement/protection, and application and service management.
But as new cloud services and capabilities continue to emerge and evolve, new focuses include cloud networking, cloud edge, and digital experience in and around the cloud, with emphasis on visibility, performance, insights, and management.
Cloud Field Day #3 topics
On April 5, 2018 in Silicon Valley, Riverbed will host several IT and cloud thought-leaders to engage in conversations focused on understanding these challenges as well as new cloud-relevant topics.
Agenda items include:
- Riverbed Overview – Presenter: Romain Jourdan (@rjourdan_net), Director, Technical Product Evangelist
- Managing the Digital Experience – Connecting the Dots End-to-End– Presenter: Jon Hodgson (@JonQ), Chief Scientist, APM
- Why Data quality matters – the Devil is in the details– Presenter: Jon Hodgson (@JonQ), Chief Scientist, APM
- Better Performance as a Service – Accelerating SaaS apps – Presenter: Javier Rodriguez (@SiskoJJR), Group Product Manager
- Connecting the clouds: connectivity for IaaS hosted apps – Presenter: Vivek Ganti (@VivekGanti), Technical Evangelist
- Cloud Edge: App Deployment and Protection across both Public and Private clouds, – Presenter: Parimal Puranik (@ParimalPuranik), Senior Director, Product Management
While the topics have been defined ahead of time, the discussions have not. And the live nature of Cloud Field Day promises plenty of deep technical dives and new understandings.
As the cloud continues to evolve, these topics may as well.
The Cloud Field Day Delegates
The following cloud and IT experts are slotted to participate as delegates in Cloud Field Day #3:
- Chris M Evans (@ChrisMEvans): Chris M Evans is an independent consultant, technology analyst and subject matter expert in storage and virtualization. Evans writes a popular blog (http://blog.architecting.it), attends many conferences and invitation-only events and can be found providing regular industry contributions through Twitter and other social media outlets.
- Chris Porter (@UprightVinyl): Chris Porter is an Infrastructure Architect. His writing focuses on technology, and mainly the tech community in relation to VMware and AWS.
- Estelle Auberix (@FollowEstelle): Estelle Auberix is an experienced Chief Executive Officer with a demonstrated history of working in the Information Technology and services industry. She is skilled in Cloud Computing, Edge Computing, IoT and Blockchain.
- Jeff Wilson (@Agnostic_Node1): Jeff Wilson is an IT systems engineer with over 15 years of experience in business and public sector information technology. Working primarily in small-to-medium enterprises, Wilson helps businesses rationalize and modernize their server and storage systems with a focus on value, converged architectures, durability and automation.
- Justin Warren (@JPWarren): Justin Warren is Chief Analyst and managing director of PivotNine, a firm that advises vendors on positioning and marketing, and customers on how to evaluate and use technology to solve business problems. He is a regular contributor at Forbes.com, CRN Australia, and iTNews, and provides expert commentary to other media organizations.
- Keith Townsend (@CTOAdvisor): Keith Townsend is the founder of The CTO Advisor LLC and is an IT management consultant with more than 18 years of related experience designing, implementing and managing data center technologies. His areas of expertise include virtualization, networking and storage solutions for Fortune 500 organizations.
- Martez Reed (@GreenReedTech): Martez Reed is a DevOps Engineer with experience in building automation solutions encompassing Jenkins, Puppet, Terraform, Docker and various other DevOps tools. Reed has experience in automating VMware environments with PowerCLI, vRealize Automation and vRealize Orchestrator to create robust and scalable solutions.
- Michelle Laverick (@M_Laverick): Michelle Laverick worked for VMware as their Senior Cloud Infrastructure Evangelist, on the competitive Marketing Team. She’s a former freelance VMware Certified Instructor with 17 years of experience in various technologies.
- Ned Bellavance (@Ned1313) Ned Bellavance is an IT professional with more than 15 years of experience in the industry. Bellavance currently works as the Director of Cloud Solutions for a premier IT consulting company in the Philadelphia metropolitan area, specializing in Enterprise Architecture— both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Nick Janetakis (@NickJanetakis): Nick Janetakis has been interested in software development and technology since the mid-1990s. Over the last 20 years, he has been a self-taught web developer, also doing freelance work, and more recently, teaching. He consults with teams and individuals on the topics of web application development (Ruby on Rails / Flask), web application deployment (Docker / Ansible) and marketing (Copywriting / SEO).
- Scott D. Lowe (@OtherScottLowe ): Scott D. Lowe has served in various capacities in a number of companies and private institutions, including Hamilton College in Clinton, New York, Elmira College in Elmira, New York, and as the Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri. Lowe has also served as a technology consultant for CampusWorks, Inc. In this role, Lowe performed a number of Information Technology assessments, business process reviews, and project implementations.
- Tim Crawford (@TCrawford): Tim Crawford is ranked as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Chief Information Technology Officers (#4), Top 100 Most Social CIOs (#7), Top 20 People Most Retweeted by IT Leaders (#5) and Top 100 Cloud Experts and Influencers. He is an internationally renowned CIO thought leader in the areas of IT transformation, Cloud Computing, Data Analytics and Internet of Things (IoT), and has served as CIO and other senior IT roles with global organizations such as Konica Minolta/ All Covered, Stanford University, Knight-Ridder, Philips Electronics and National Semiconductor.
The Cloud Field Day #3 event will be live-streamed from the Riverbed offices from 1:30pm PDT until 3:30pm PDT on April 5th, 2018, and videos from the event will be available in the cloud (of course) shortly thereafter.
We hope that you tune in to learn more about issues pressing cloud architects, IT professionals, and network administrators, as well as garner some secrets and insights from the experts! Join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #CFD3.