UC Performance: Would You Rather Be a Superhero or a Potato Head?
When it comes to monitoring and troubleshooting your unified communications performance, would you rather be known as a superhero or a Mr. Potato Head? Here at Riverbed, we think it’s a no-brainer.
You can stick with your disjointed monitoring solutions and duct tape and bubblegum your way toward troubleshooting today’s complex Cisco, Avaya and Skype for Business problems—attempting to get the telecoms, networking, and desktop support teams to stop the blame game long enough to figure out what’s going on.
Or, you could choose Riverbed SteelCentral, the only performance management solution, to pull end-user experience, network and infrastructure metrics together to give the complete picture of unified communications so you know WHEN there’s an issue, WHERE the problem is, and WHAT’s causing it—whether it’s a device, network or user issue.
This short video will start you down the path of learning everything you will want to know about end-to-end UC performance monitoring.
SteelCentral pulls together an integrated picture from various metrics – endpoint telemetry, packet data, NetFlow, and SNMP—to provide a complete representation of your UC environment.
Here’s what each type of data provides:
- Endpoint telemetry provides media reports back to a central collection server, are available at the end of the call and are incorporated into a form of Call Detail Record (CDR). These reports include performance metrics (jitter, packet loss, MOS) about the inbound media stream received by that endpoint.
- Network probes are high-performing, packet-capture appliances deployed strategically throughout the network. Probes process media packets, produce quality metrics for a particular media stream, and roll-up to summary-level performance KPIs for their assigned location.
- NetFlow reports summary information about the communication between source and destination IP and ports at a particular location including bytes transferred and associated DSCP markings. This information is also helpful in providing media call path.
- SNMP monitors the overall health and performance of nodes (routers, switches, gateways) in your network. When applied to troubleshooting VoIP, it can provide essential forensic data when the root cause turns out to be interface errors, CPU or other resource deprivation on the device.
Riverbed SteelCentral helps pull all this information together for superior monitoring and troubleshooting of UC environments.
You have the facts now. You choose: superhero or potato head…
Try SteelCentral UCExpert for free today.
Craving more info?
- Blog: UC Monitoring Magic is Just a Few Clicks Away
- Blog: Let’s Communicate, Universally!
- Blog: Can You Hear Me Now?
- SteelCentral UCExpert Keeps Connections Up, Complaints Down, and Skype for Business Users Happy