Riverbed has essentially enabled us to do more with our existing IT infrastructure. This has resulted in a significant improvement in employee productivity. The time taken to back up data has been reduced by 70% and data is now more secured.- Mohammed Abu-Nejim, Head of Data Networks, Qatargas
Read the customer story >
Why hybrid WAN optimization and consolidation with SteelHead CX?
SteelHead CX brings sophisticated optimization to hybrid WANs. SteelHead CX delivers built-in security and accelerated performance across the entire network – as if the applications were performing locally. While many business-critical applications are moving to public clouds for SaaS, others, for compliance reasons, remain on premises in corporate data centers or on private clouds. SteelHead CX for Hybrid WANs is available in a variety of form factors/models, including appliances, virtual software and cloud instances.
With SteelHead CX you get:
- Support for up to 1 million connections through an intelligent and scale-as-you-grow performance architecture
- IT control with quality of service (QoS), path selection and secure transport features
- Increased visibility with end-user monitoring for all optimized traffic on premises and optimized web and SaaS applications
- Dynamic selection of the best application path based on network availability
- Reduced latency with integrated video-ready web caching
- Subscription-based cloud solution that accelerates 90% of major cloud providers and is certified for Microsoft Azure and VMware vCloud Air
This has been one of our best investments ever. Application performance has been dramatically improved, and moreover, the backup and recovery processes are now managed from a central location, thus increasing the manageability.- Theo Thijs, Director of Information Services EU at NAVTEQ
Read the customer story >
Best-in-class optimization, plus essential visibility and control
SteelHead CX is a highly advanced solution that ensures consistent application performance. It is designed for today’s need for agility and cost efficiency. SteelHead accelerates performance for on-premises and SaaS applications, while providing unmatched control capabilities.
- Identifies and differentiates among 1300+ applications, both on-premises and SaaS
- Automatically creates Application Groups and easily applies intent-based, global business policies with local enforcement to meet your business requirements and application SLAs
- Integrates business intent and application intelligence via dynamic Path Selection and advanced QoS capabilities for better performance; meets application SLAs
- Provides a single management console, enabling sophisticated configuration and management with an intuitive GUI
- Secures traffic flowing between SteelHeads for private (MPLS) and Internet links with ease − just a single click on the management console
- Optimizes demanding protocols such as SSL/TLS using high-performance hardware running on Solid-State Drives (SSDs)
Video-Ready Web caching
- Offers a single-ended web proxy and caching capability for reduced latency and bandwidth savings for video traffic
It doesn’t matter if employees are working at head office or at a remote location; they have the same advantages when it comes to application speed and performance.- Roel Fonteyn, network, security and telecom administrator EMEA at A. Schulman Plastic
Read the customer story >
Accelerate applications and reduce bandwidth consumption
The SteelHead CX provides measurable benefits that reduce the burden of application performance management, allowing IT teams to focus on growth.
Improved application performance
- Increases application and data transfer performance by up to 100x while reducing bandwidth utilization by up to 95%
Reduced OpEx for performance management
- Reduces time spent in provisioning, reconfiguration and management of application performance via intuitive GUI
- Ensures standards-based encryption and compliance in addition to optimized performance
Effective utilization of network resources
- Delivers traffic prioritization and shaping to allow optimal utilization of MPLS and Internet circuits while meeting business requirements
Reduced MTTR with integrated visibility
- Enables cost savings by reducing MTTR by over 2x in 79% of deployments (Source: TechValidate. TVID: FFB-228-288)
Improved hardware performance
- Enables savings in power consumption, leveraging SSD-based hardware, and supports organizational growth with more users per unit of rackspace
Riverbed Application Performance Platform Cuts IT Upgrade Costs by $1 million.
Riverbed helps global manufacturer scale its business with improved application performance and greater data security.
Mobile lighting towers and Optimisation Drives ERP Cloud Migration
Easily leverage and control Hybrid WANs to increase available bandwidth, application performance and network reliability at the lowest cost possible.
Speed up user access and manage the delivery of SaaS applications including Office 365 and Salesforce.com, and IaaS clouds.
Deliver application performance improvements while leveraging the scalability and cost benefits of virtualization.
Overcome bandwidth and geographical limitations, improve productivity and enable global collaboration from virtually any location.
Transfer and replicate data with greater visibility and control and less cost and risk, ensuring rapid data recovery times and improved business continuity.