SAN FRANCISCO—December 03, 2012— Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD),the performance company, today announced its participation at Gartner Data Center Conference 2012, taking place December 3-6, 2012 at The Venetian Resort Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas Nevada. At the conference, Riverbed® (booth #120) will demonstrate its solutions for transforming the data center, including speeding applications and data over corporate networks, accelerating physical and cloud-based disaster recovery (DR) and ensuring network and application availability, performance and security. In addition, Riverbed customer John Robison, Associate and Director of Information Technology for the consulting firm Mazetti Nash Lipsey Burch (M+NLB) will deliver a presentation highlighting how Riverbed Steelhead® WAN optimization speeds AutoDesk Revit data to the distributed and mobile workforce at M+NLB, and how cloud storage gateways improve its data protection.
- In a session titled "WAN optimization Speeds Business at Mazetti Nash Lipsey Burch," Mr. Robison will discuss how M+NLB, a 160 person, nationwide, full-service consulting and building design firm, leveraged Steelhead appliances and Steelhead Mobile software to dramatically improve Revit server performance, enabling distributed and remote employees to quickly retrieve and share Building Information Modeling (BIM) data that is critical to the success of the business. In addition, Mr. Robison will discuss how M+NLB leveraged Whitewater appliances to centralize backup more efficiently and free smaller offices that lack local IT support while benefiting from cost-savings. This session will take place on Wednesday, December 5th from 11:15 am - 11:45 am in the Venetian Ballroom F.
- Riverbed recently introduced several new enhancements and new products to the Steelhead product family.
- The new integration of VMware vSphere® into its Riverbed® Steelhead® EX model appliances that when combined with the Granite™ edge virtual server infrastructure (edge-VSI), enables organizations to achieve greater cost efficiency, improve data protection, and manage resources centrally while delivering services to the edge as if they were local.
- The new Steelhead CX 5055 model appliance and the Steelhead CX 7055 model appliance enable enterprises to more cost-effectively manage large-scale data center-to-data center replication, accelerate applications among many locations and users in an enterprise, and build large private cloud infrastructures.
- The new Riverbed Optimization System (RiOS) 8.0, the software that powers Steelhead appliances, offers expanded integrated QoS capabilities, 6-fold over previous versions of RiOS. With RiOS 8.0, organizations have the ability to scale automatic identification and prioritization to more than 600 applications, which helps prioritize business-critical traffic and data protection traffic based on the business needs.
- The new Steelhead Mobile 4.0 simplifies the management and provisioning of mobile users and devices while scaling to support up to 120,000 mobile users. Steelhead Mobile 4.0 also offers end-to-end Kerberos authentication support used by Microsoft applications and platforms including Active Directory and Windows Server, native optimization for SMBv2 traffic, and full-spectrum optimization for Outlook Anywhere.
- Riverbed also recently announced the availability of a new Whitewater Operating System (WWOS), version 2.0 and a new enterprise grade Whitewater cloud storage gateway 3010 model appliance. The new WWOS enables organizations to achieve higher scalability while providing simplified administration and the Whitewater 3010 model appliance offers the ability to handle larger backup data workloads, with four times the local storage capacity of previous models to address larger scale enterprise requirements.
"To deliver the performance and availability required by their customers, IT teams must transform their thinking on data centers, clouds, remote offices, and mobile workers. Riverbed solutions enable organizations to more efficiently consolidate, virtualize, and protect their infrastructure. Our Steelhead product family increases architectural flexibility and reduces costs while also enhancing the user experience everywhere. Our Whitewater appliances help them to securely leverage cloud storage for faster backup and disaster recovery."
- Nik Rouda, senior director, solutions & verticals at Riverbed
Gartner Data Center Conference 2012
Gartner Data Center Conference 2012 brings together Gartner analysts with infrastructure and operations teams to discuss best practices for advancing the performance of data centers and modernizing legacy IT environments. The comprehensive agenda will focus on strategies for the next five years that enable business growth leveraging mobility, cloud services, storage innovations and virtualization. To learn more about the Gartner Data Center Conference 2012, visit: http://www.gartner.com/technology/summits/na/data-center/.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services, statements regarding performance results of Riverbed solutions that may suggest likely or certain outcomes, and statements relating to Riverbed's ability to meet the needs of distributed organizations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on October 25, 2012. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement. Riverbed reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.
Kontakt zu Riverbed
Riverbed®, The Digital Performance Company™, verfolgt das Ziel, im digitalen Zeitalter für mehr Nutzerkomfort zu sorgen. Hinter jeder digitalen Anwendung stehen Menschen, und Riverbed ermöglicht es Unternehmen, die Performance dieser Anwendungen zu messen und zu optimieren, damit diese von Menschen – Kunden, Mitarbeitern, Partnern, Patienten und Bürgern – effektiver genutzt werden können. Die Digital Performance Platform von Riverbed setzt sich aus einer Kombination aus Digital Experience Management und Lösungen für digitales Networking zusammen, die hohen Nutzerkomfort bieten, Business Agility fördern und Geschäftsergebnisse optimieren. Zu den über 30.000 Kunden von Riverbed zählen 100 % der Forbes Global 100. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter riverbed.com
Riverbed und sämtliche in diesem Dokument verwendeten Produkt- oder Servicenamen sowie Logos sind Marken der Riverbed Technology, Inc. Alle anderen in diesem Dokument verwendeten Marken sind Eigentum ihrer jeweiligen Inhaber.