Riverbed to Showcase New Software-Defined Edge and SD-WAN Solutions at EMC World 2016
Riverbed SteelFusion extends storage, security, services and resilience of the data center and the cloud out to remote sites, while Riverbed SteelConnect enters explosive SD-WAN market
SAN FRANCISCO – April 28, 2016 – Riverbed Technology, the application performance company, will showcase Riverbed® SteelFusion™ at the EMC World 2016 conference to demonstrate to attendees an alternate, simple and cost-effective approach to edge IT. SteelFusion is a unique software-defined edge solution that enables IT staff to centrally host and manage remote site infrastructure (e.g., servers, storage, applications) and operations (e.g., provisioning, backup, recovery) and secure critical data in the data center and/or the cloud without deploying skilled IT staff onsite at remote and branch offices (ROBO).
SteelFusion simultaneously meets the top requirements of businesses, IT organizations and employees by reducing the operational cost of managing remote locations, increasing data security, improving business continuity and IT agility with 100x faster recovery times and 30x faster deployment of branch services and sites, and providing up to a 100x increase in application performance at the branch for greater productivity.
Riverbed will also provide a demonstration of its just announced next-generation application defined SD-WAN solution, SteelConnect for the first time during the show, which offers a radically new approach to networking in a cloud-centric world. SteelConnect is uniquely designed to enable business-intent policies for applications to provide the performance and agility enterprises need today.
The Venetian Hotel
3355 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
May 2-5, 2016
Riverbed Booth #733
During EMC World 2016, Riverbed will provide several live demonstrations and presentations featuring customer use cases to show how its software-defined edge solution, SteelFusion, is redefining remote and branch office IT, and how new SteelConnect is helping to redefine networking in the cloud era . The demonstrations will show how customers can:
- Modernize edge IT: Traditional ROBO sites have local infrastructure that houses more than 50% of corporate data. SteelFusion brings a new paradigm to edge IT: No servers, no storage, and no backup on the edge, but instead, complete data protection and instant provisioning/recovery from the centralized data center.
- Extend the enterprise datacenter to the edge: Purpose-built for remote offices, SteelFusion extends any storage (iSCSI, Fibre Channel, VSAN) from the data center to the edge.
- Bring NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) to the edge: SteelFusion seamlessly projects NFV services, including those offered by Riverbed’s SteelConnect SD-WAN solution, to edge sites from a centralized data center. This unique method of service chaining provides centralized IT teams the flexibility of dynamically spinning up and down network services to meet the specific business needs of remote offices.
- Extend Microsoft Azure & AWS cloud services to the edge: SteelFusion brings the flexibility of the public cloud to data storage via gateway integration at the data center. Enterprises can now leverage the cloud as a secondary storage tier for added capacity, backup, or tiering in conjunction with on-premises data center storage assets.
- SteelConnect, an Application-Defined Approach to Networking: Riverbed will also provide a demonstration of its SD-WAN solution, SteelConnect, the industry’s first and only product to unify network connectivity and orchestration of application delivery across hybrid WANs, remote LANs and cloud networks with a complete line of WAN gateways, LAN switches, and Wi-Fi access points managed centrally from a cloud console. Riverbed’s SteelConnect is poised to disrupt the ‘legacy’ network routing market, with the ability to replace thousands of manually configured routers with virtual network design based on zero-touch provisioning and easy change management.
Title: Modernizing the Edge with Riverbed SteelFusion: Seeing Is Believing
Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 2:20 p.m.
Location: Booth Theater: #1128
Presenter: Alison Conigliaro-Hubbard, Senior Director of SteelFusion Product Marketing at Riverbed
This session will address considerations for infrastructure IT in this new digital and distributed age to ensure we can protect our data, achieve maximum user performance regardless of location, and be as agile as possible to meet changing business requirements.
Breakout Panel Session
Title: Panel Session - Modernize Remote/Branch Office (ROBO) Operations by “Projecting” Your Data Center to the Software-Defined Edge
Date: Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Location: San Polo 3401A
- Saveen Pakala, Senior Director, SteelFusion Product Management at Riverbed
- Giri Shanmugarajah, Manager, Infrastructure at BDO (Riverbed and EMC customer)
- Sandeep Singh, Infrastructure Engineer at InterDigital (Riverbed and EMC customer)
In this session, you’ll hear from a panel of professionals on the front lines who have addressed IT challenges at the edge by modernizing their ROBO operations with a Zero Branch IT approach – what they did, how it worked, and what they learned.
Kontakt zu Riverbed
Riverbed®, The Digital Performance Company™, verfolgt das Ziel, im digitalen Zeitalter für mehr Nutzerkomfort zu sorgen. Hinter jeder digitalen Anwendung stehen Menschen, und Riverbed ermöglicht es Unternehmen, die Performance dieser Anwendungen zu messen und zu optimieren, damit diese von Menschen – Kunden, Mitarbeitern, Partnern, Patienten und Bürgern – effektiver genutzt werden können. Die Digital Performance Platform von Riverbed setzt sich aus einer Kombination aus Digital Experience Management und Lösungen für digitales Networking zusammen, die hohen Nutzerkomfort bieten, Business Agility fördern und Geschäftsergebnisse optimieren. Zu den über 30.000 Kunden von Riverbed zählen 100 % der Forbes Global 100. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter riverbed.com
Riverbed und sämtliche in diesem Dokument verwendeten Produkt- oder Servicenamen sowie Logos sind Marken der Riverbed Technology, Inc. Alle anderen in diesem Dokument verwendeten Marken sind Eigentum ihrer jeweiligen Inhaber.