In a deadline-driven industry like media, it’s critical that time-sensitive projects be completed and delivered on schedule, without exception. For global media firms that means 24/7 content delivery around the world—Riverbed® offers performance solutions to help.
Digital content and video streaming strain infrastructures to the point of unacceptable delay, while piracy demands a secure approach. At the same time, producing and marketing premier content requires coordinating the different stages of the development process, from filming to production to distribution to subscriptions. Each stage depends on the performance of the total system, and any delay or downtime at any point could halt production or turn away consumers. Independent groups and consolidated media industry titans all benefit from Riverbed solutions.
Media and communications companies rely on Riverbed for a wide range of use cases including:
- Delivery of rich media content worldwide
- Greater resilience, total flexibility, and scalability
- Design for business continuity, with no interruption of operations
- A true end-to-end view of the application delivery path, from back-end servers to user desktops
- Traffic analysis for proactive service assurance and faster problem resolution
- Faster content development and time-to-market, with improved collaboration from recording to processing
- Call center optimization for customer accounts and services
- Peak traffic management, which is necessary with premier events
- The adoption of initiatives such as cloud and virtualization for savings on capital and operating costs, energy, and administration