With an average cost of over $900 million and 15 years to develop a single new drug, most pharmaceutical companies are constantly seeking innovative ways to cut costs and shorten time-to-market. Information Technology plays an increasingly critical role in ensuring that the business units at Pharmaceutical companies achieve faster, cost-effective time-to-market. Riverbed solutions are being used by 9 out of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies in the world, as well as small to mid-sized pharmaceuticals, Clinical Research Organizations (CROs) and thousands of other distributed organizations worldwide.
Riverbed solutions have helped the pharmaceutical industry to:
- Improve data collection and speed up the regulatory reporting processes by delivering the highest performance across the Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Enable continuous, fast access to R&D data and collaboration tools for maximum productivity at each stage of the drug development process.
- Increase employee productivity and collaboration to speed time-to-market.
- Ensure risk mitigation and meet regulatory and compliance mandates.
- Accelerate backup and replication by 100 times
- Gain complete network visibility and performance management
- Enable faster FDA filings at each phase of the process
- Improve collaboration with decreased travel
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership and achieve payback in 6.9 months