When every organisation is using digital technologies to get ahead, what sets them apart? This EIU research report contends that digital competencies are now a critical differentiator, and developing the right behaviours, skills and abilities can help organizations improve digital performance and, ultimately, achieve their objectives.
Based on a 2019 survey of 512 senior business and government leaders in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific, this report covers:
- Why digital competencies are more than nice-to-haves
- The 5 competencies most important to achieving organizational goals
- The role of IT and non-IT leaders in developing digital competencies
- Gaps, challenges and what’s needed to improve digital competencies
- What high performers do differently
“IT definitely owns figuring out what the right technology approach ought to be. But full realisation of digital competency, to be successful, is a multi-discipline, multi-departmental and multi-functional effort.” – Shawn Fitzgerald, IDC