- Keynote Panel Focus: One of the key challenges facing all Federal IT organizations is making investments in IT and strategies that directly support the agency's mission. Executives from NASA, DISA, and DHS will share their developed and deployed strategies, which are regarded as successful examples of IT supporting the mission. These case study examples will provide insight into issues ranging from how to engage other leaders in the IT process, using cloud, consolidation, and shared service deployments to support the mission.
- Dr. Day will lead this keynote panel "IT Transformation as a Catalyst to Support Your Mission" on Tuesday, June 26, at 7:50-8:50 a.m.
- To comply with the Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative (FDCCI) and the Cloud First policy, government agencies are consolidating their data centers, developing a cloud environment, and centralizing at least three IT services. As agencies embark on consolidation initiatives, they will likely encounter performance challenges that negatively impact performance of critical applications and the productivity of personnel trying to access services and applications in the cloud and over a wide area network (WAN).
- Agencies use Riverbed performance solutions to realize the benefits of cost reduction, resilience, and scalability of IT resources promised by building and migrating to a flexible, high-performance hybrid infrastructure of public and private clouds. As a first step to meeting the IT mandates, government agencies use Riverbed Cascade® application-aware network performance management (NPM) for complete network visibility to quickly map IT assets and applications, and their dependencies, reducing the risk of network outages during consolidation of infrastructure or a migration to the cloud. As a second step, agencies use Riverbed Steelhead products to manage and optimize the network connection and accelerate application performance in the cloud and over the WAN.
- The GTRA Technology Council Meeting provides a highly interactive program-for IT leaders from across the government-that includes government case studies, live demonstrations, boardroom meetings, and think tanks. More information on the GTRA Technology Council Meeting is available at http://gtra.org/gtra-events/2012-jun-council-meeting.
More than 17,000 organizations worldwide depend on Riverbed to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT infrastructure, through solutions that overcome performance issues caused by distance, distributed computing, and ever increasing amounts of data. As IT organizations embark on strategic initiatives to virtualize, consolidate and migrate workloads into cloud environments, users are moved farther from their data. Slow applications, slow file transfers and inefficient websites can negatively impact the performance and success of these initiatives. Riverbed transforms IT performance by providing solutions spanning WAN optimization, edge virtual server infrastructure (edge-VSI), application-aware network performance management, application delivery controllers, web content optimization (WCO), and cloud data protection for backup and disaster recovery. By providing the broadest portfolio of performance solutions that deliver anywhere, any-application optimization, Riverbed enables organizations to increase productivity and efficiency, while enhancing business resilience and controlling costs.
- Riverbed Solutions for Government Initiatives
- Riverbed Blog
- Twitter (@Riverbed)
- Riverbed Technical Lead Steve Riley Q&A on Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative
- Riverbed Technical Lead Steve Riley Q&A on Federal Cloud First Initiative
- Riverbed Technical Lead Steve Riley Q&A on Data Protection
- Riverbed Technical Lead Steve Riley Q&A on Telework and Mobility
- Riverbed Technical Lead Steve Riley Q&A on Desktop Virtualization
- Riverbed Technical Lead Steve Riley - Distributed Recentralization
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services, statements regarding performance results of Riverbed solutions that may suggest likely or certain outcomes, and statements relating to Riverbed's ability to meet the needs of distributed organizations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on April 30, 2012. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement. Riverbed reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.
Connect with Riverbed
Riverbed®, The Digital Performance Company™, is united in our purpose of Advancing the Human Experience in the Digital World. Behind every digital experience is a human one, and Riverbed enables organizations to measure digital experiences and maximize digital performance so they can deliver better and more powerful human experiences— for customers, employees, partners, patients, and citizens. Riverbed’s Digital Performance Platform includes a combination of Digital Experience Management and Digital Networking solutions that ensure superior digital and user experiences, provides new levels of operational agility and accelerates business outcomes. Riverbed’s 30,000+ customers include 100% of the Forbes Global 100. Learn more at riverbed.com
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.