Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the performance company, today announced a trade-in program for customers of Juniper Networks, the industry leader in network innovation. In coordination with Juniper Networks, the trade-in program is aimed at customers who have purchased Juniper Networks® WX/WXC Series Application Acceleration Platforms to migrate and upgrade to the Riverbed® Steelhead® product family. As part of a technology partnership announced in July, this trade-in program provides customers and reseller partners access to the market-leading wide area network (WAN) optimization solutions by Riverbed that provide unmatched performance and flexibility while reducing overall total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Juniper Networks recently announced it has endorsed Riverbed as its provider of choice for WAN optimization solutions. Juniper Networks is committed to its customers' success and is collaborating with Riverbed on this trade-in program to help customers with their transition from the WX/WXC Series Application Acceleration Platforms to the Riverbed Steelhead product family.
- The trade-in program from Riverbed provides Juniper customers and reseller partners with significant cost-saving incentives in addition to benefits that come with the Steelhead products. The Steelhead product family accelerates application performance across the WAN by up to 100 times, while reducing the amount of traffic on the network by up to 95 percent. The performance enabled by Riverbed WAN optimization solutions allows enterprises to successfully implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery (DR) without sacrificing user performance. Distributed workforces are able to collaborate in real-time with LAN-like access to data and applications regardless of their location or the location of their data.
- Gartner positioned Riverbed in the Leaders quadrant of the 2012 "Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers (WOC)" authored by Joe Skorupa and Severine Real and published in January 2012.
- A study by IDC found organizations that deployed Riverbed WAN optimization solutions typically realized a payback period in 6.9 months.
SAN FRANCISCO—October 01, 2012— For more information about the trade-in program for Juniper Networks WX and WXC products, customers and partners can visit http://www.riverbed.com/us/solutions/trade_in/juniper.php, email email@example.com, or call +1 415-541-2132.
"Riverbed offers the most comprehensive set of performance solutions that are easy to install and manage in even the most complex, large-scale environments. Through this partnership, we are working with Juniper to deliver our market-leading WAN optimization solutions to enterprises that need performance and scale in the traditional data center, as well as virtualized and cloud environments."
- Eric Wolford, executive vice president and general manager, products group, Riverbed
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services, and statements relating to Riverbed's ability to grow market share, meet the needs of distributed organizations, and deliver anticipated solutions. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on July 27, 2012. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement. Riverbed reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.
Connect with Riverbed
Riverbed®, The Digital Performance Company™, is united in our purpose of Advancing the Human Experience in the Digital World. Behind every digital experience is a human one, and Riverbed enables organizations to measure digital experiences and maximize digital performance so they can deliver better and more powerful human experiences— for customers, employees, partners, patients, and citizens. Riverbed’s Digital Performance Platform includes a combination of Digital Experience Management and Digital Networking solutions that ensure superior digital and user experiences, provides new levels of operational agility and accelerates business outcomes. Riverbed’s 30,000+ customers include 100% of the Forbes Global 100. Learn more at riverbed.com
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.