Current as of: December 1, 2021
We are living through unprecedented times with the global COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, which is having a significant impact on all of us – how we live, work, and socialize. At Riverbed, we are very conscious of the seriousness of coronavirus, and first and foremost, our thoughts are with those who have been directly impacted by the virus.
Our executive leadership team is closely monitoring the situation and is focused on keeping our teams safe, while maintaining business continuity so that we can fully support our customers and partners during this time, including addressing work from home network performance challenges for our customers.
We are here to help you during this crisis—below is what we’re doing to respond.
Supporting the Well-Being of Our People
At Riverbed, our top priority is protecting the well-being of our employees, partners, customers, vendors, and the community at large. We’ve taken many steps to address the health and safety of our teams including:
- Requiring all Riverbed employees and contractors to work from home (WFH) beginning on March 16, 2020 except for business-critical needs, which have been very rare. Based on what we’re seeing with COVID-19 cases in most of the markets we operate in, we recently made the decision to extend this through the end of Q2 2021. All our employees are equipped with technology that enables them to work productively from home and continue to support your business.
- Closing our offices temporarily to adhere to local regulations and ordinances, including our San Francisco Headquarters. As local situations change, we are prepared to reopen offices at the appropriate time.
- Restricting nearly all business travel, including temporarily eliminating all cross-Geo travel, and highly encouraging video meetings with customers and partners when possible.
- Following CDC and/or WHO guidelines for employees returning to an office, or visiting a customer or partner site, if they or a family member have visited an at-risk country or show any symptoms of being ill regardless if they traveled.
- Postponing live events or shifting them to virtual/digital formats.
Riverbed’s business is fully operational, and our Business Continuity Planning (BCP) leverages industry-best practices and standards to ensure a stable and robust operational structure during these times. Each Riverbed critical business function – including manufacturing, IT services, human resources, facilities, financial services, customer support and Riverbed Cloud Services – is responsible for contributing to Riverbed’s BCP, and these teams are meeting daily to address any circumstances that arise due to the coronavirus situation. You can find further details on our Business Continuity Plan here.
Riverbed’s business remains financially and operationally sound.
We currently have adequate inventories on-hand of Riverbed appliance components to meet our customer demand. At this point in time we are not aware of any supply constraints for Riverbed products and services, including our 24x7 maintenance and support services. Riverbed Support leverages systems that are architected with resiliency and redundancy to mitigate any customer disruption. In the event of a supply challenge, Riverbed will prioritize shipment for accepted orders based on order date.
24x7 Customer Support
During this period of uncertainty, our global technical support teams remain available 24x7 to support our products and our customers. Customers can use the usual support channels, including our Riverbed Support site, or by contacting our customer support team online, via email or by phone.
Helping Customers Address Work From Home Network Strain
The concern over ongoing business productivity combined with human empathy has risen to never-before-experienced levels for enterprise leaders.
Similar to our own experience, we know most of our customers are taking swift measures to protect the well-being of their employees, including supporting hundreds or thousands of employees as they work from home. With this sudden WFH surge globally, there is tremendous strain on home and business networks, which can impact productivity and business continuity.
Riverbed has always focused on helping our customers maximize performance and visibility for networks and applications. During this time, our solutions for optimizing remote and WFH network performance have become increasingly relevant, including Riverbed Client Accelerator (formerly SteelHead Mobile) and SaaS Accelerator. Many of our customers are using Client Accelerator to boost performance of desktops and laptops as they connect to corporate networks, the cloud or SaaS apps – increasing at-home application performance by up to 10 times (for Office 365 and other business critical apps) and removing up to 99% of data on any network. Even after COVID-19 passes, we expect a significantly greater percentage of workforces working remote and needing WFH/remote optimization solutions for improved performance and business connectivity.
To help our valued customers during these uncertain times, Riverbed is offering the following:
- 60-day, $0 trial for Client Accelerator
- 30-day, $0 trial for SaaS Accelerator
- Webcast with Microsoft and Riverbed executives discussing work-from-anywhere realities and exciting new cloud services that enhance productivity for O365 and Teams
- Webcast addressing network and app performance for remote employees
- Webcast on resiliency and security for a remote workforce featuring Riverbed and Gigamon Remote Workforce Productivity solutions page with resources and tips including our new Future of Work survey (published July 2020)
- Riverbed Global User Conference - gives customers and partners the inspiration, essential capabilities, and how-to advice needed to maximize performance and visibility in an increasingly dynamic, work-from-anywhere environment. Learn, connect and explore over the course of this online experience.
- Trusting Your Network in the SUNBURST Aftermath - In this global webcast, an expert panel of security and networking professionals take an in-depth and technical look at challenges and best practices related to cyber threat hunting in the aftermath of the SUNBURST attack.
- Breakthrough Visibility & Performance for Encrypted Apps & Traffic: Expand WFH, SaaS & Cloud with Confidence - In this global webcast, an expert panel of network and security professionals discuss and demonstrate powerful new solutions that boost the visibility and performance of encrypted apps and network traffic across your modern IT landscape.
For business continuity, customers are leveraging network visibility tools (Network Performance Management solutions), which provide a comprehensive view of network and application performance across an organization, enabling IT teams to quickly diagnose and fix network issues should they arise. Riverbed’s NPM solution also provide visibility into VPN encrypted traffic, helping to detect and respond to network security threats faster. Riverbed is available to assess your current network visibility capabilities and to discuss best practices.
For additional details on Riverbed solutions that enhance remote work performance, visit:
- Riverbed Application Acceleration products page
- Riverbed Network Performance Management products page
- Riverbed Security Solutions page
- Riverbed Cloud Visibility and Performance page
Riverbed and our partners are here to support you and your business in any way we can, and at any time. If you have any questions, please email us at COVIDemail@example.com, and we will get back to you shortly. Stay safe, and we are here to help.