AppResponse 11 and NetIM: Trade Up for New Capabilities and to Protect Your Investments
We’ve recently added two new Riverbed SteelCentral™ products, and so we’re offering existing customers trade-up incentives to help you take advantage of the latest tools.
- If you’re using legacy versions of the SteelCentral AppResponse, SteelCentral NetShark, or Cascade Sensor product lines, you can trade up to SteelCentral AppResponse 11
- If you’re using legacy versions of SteelCentral NetSensor or SteelCentral NetCollector, you can trade up to SteelCentral NetIM
In both cases, we’ve tailored the trade-up program to help you preserve your investment. Let’s dive in and take a look.
#1. SteelCentral AppResponse 11: The latest in performance monitoring
SteelCentral AppResponse is an application- and network-performance monitoring powerhouse. AppResponse 11 combines the functionality of the SteelCentral AppResponse and NetShark product lines, offering new features and an almost entirely rewritten codebase. And with our new trade-up offer, existing customers can make the upgrade without paying full price.
There are two paths, depending on the version of the product you’re currently using:
- If you’ve deployed a current generation version of AppResponse or NetShark, you can download AppResponse 11 software free of charge and begin using it immediately
- If you’ve deployed older versions of product lines that are no longer being sold — including AppResponse 9, Cascade Sensor, and older versions of NetShark or Cascade Shark — you’ll need new hardware to run AppResponse 11. When you buy those new boxes, you’ll get some credit back for your old hardware, and credit for the software you’ve paid for, along with your investment in a network interface card. Riverbed will even help you ensure that your old hardware is properly recycled.
Whichever path you take, you’ll also be ready for further improvements to the AppResponse platform. For more details on AppResponse 11, check out its product page on the Riverbed website.
Eligible model numbers
- AppResponse: 1200, 3200, 3700, 4200, 5000
- Cascade Sensor: 2100, 2260
- Shark: 1100, 2100, 2200, 3100, 3200
Figure 1. With SteelCentral AppResponse 11, you’ll get the Web App Summary dashboard, which shows the end-user experience (page time), how much time was spent on the client, network and server information to help pinpoint the delay’s origins, and much more.
#2. How to trade up to SteelCentral NetIM at no cost to you
Riverbed has consolidated our infrastructure monitoring and management efforts into a new product, SteelCentral NetIM.
NetIM includes features and functionality found in two existing Riverbed products, SteelCentral NetSensor and SteelCentral NetCollector, and adds a suite of new capabilities as well.
If you have a current active maintenance license for either of NetSensor or NetCollector, you can trade up at no cost to a version of NetIM that offers all the features you’ve paid for, as well as some new capabilities:
- New modern user interface and user experience
- Improved setup and configuration
- Increased performance and scale
If you choose to trade up, at zero license cost:
- You will receive a base NetIM license that gives you the capabilities you already have
- And you can choose a collection module license that determines the number of devices you wish to manage
You’ll also have the option to purchase an upgrade to get access to more new features that weren’t available before NetIM’s release:
- New real-time stateful topology with information overlays
- New curated views and insights
- New search manager
- More efficient troubleshooting
There’s no need to buy new hardware to trade up: NetIM will run on your existing boxes. For more information, check out our NetIM product page.
Figure 2. New features: With SteelCentral NetIM’s Device Health dashboard, you can quickly see healthy, degraded, or down devices and the health of their interfaces. Or view by device type to see the health of firewalls, routers, switches, etc. You can also easily see configuration changes in the last seven days, which frequently are the cause of device issues.
See the truth: SteelCentral Portal
Lastly, if you’re thinking about any of these trade ups, you might want to consider SteelCentral Portal, which aggregates input from a number of Riverbed products, including SteelCentral NetIM and SteelCentral AppResponse, into a centralized, dynamic view of an enterprise’s application performance environment.
The good news is that SteelCentral Portal is free until the end of the second quarter of 2017 — you just need to pay for maintenance. It’s a great way to get your Riverbed products working together and get the most from your investment.