Microsoft Azure and Riverbed SD-WAN: Set Up Cloud-Connected Networks with One Click
We’ve all grown to love cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure because of the flexible compute and storage resources they provide. But setting up secure network connections from branch offices to Azure instances can burden an IT team
The good news: Riverbed SteelConnect can deliver secure, full-mesh connectivity to the Azure Cloud with a single click. Say goodbye to the hours upon hours spent administering network routers and gateways from separate command line interfaces.
Our SteelConnect Manager lets you:
- Design, deploy, and manage networks from a central, cloud-based management console with a point-and-click interface
- Use automation to consistently apply policies governing security and performance for applications, sites, and users across the network
- Improve application performance by steering traffic down the best paths and applying acceleration techniques
Connect to the cloud easily
With SteelConnect, you don't need to retool connectivity from each branch office to the cloud to maintain secure connections, or use the datacenter as an awkward gateway to the cloud servers. SteelConnect will automatically build the connections you need from your users right to Azure, as seen in Figure 1.
And with one-click provisioning, this process is about as simple as it can possibly be. You'll be connected to your Azure instances in seconds.
A unified look at a diverse infrastructure
Once you're connected, the SteelConnect SD-WAN solution unifies and optimizes application delivery across hybrid WANs, remote LANs, and Microsoft Azure instances. Your varied infrastructure can function in many ways as if it were on a single network.
For example, if you have Azure instances you need to access in multiple geographic regions, SteelConnect can automatically deploy gateways to match, providing an encrypted data path for connectivity between instances, as shown in Figure 2.
Riverbed and Microsoft: A special relationship
“Riverbed has a long-standing relationship with Microsoft to provide fast and secure access to users’ applications and data, wherever it resides,” says Paul O’Farrell, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Riverbed’s SteelConnect, Steelhead, and SteelFusion business units. “With the seamless integration of Microsoft Azure with SteelConnect, we’re taking this a step further, ensuring that connectivity to the cloud itself is simple, instant, and secure.”
Another sign of the growing integration between SteelConnect and Microsoft is Riverbed's recent achievement of Microsoft Gold Cloud Platform Competency. Riverbed was recognized in this way because it demonstrated “best-in-class” ability and commitment to meet customers’ needs when it comes to Microsoft's cloud platform.
Riverbed solutions in the Azure Marketplace
Ready to take the next step and dive in? Getting started is easy because Riverbed SteelConnect SD-WAN is available in the Azure Marketplace. You can also find our visibility and optimization products there:
- Do you need to speed migration and accelerate access for users from virtually any location world-wide to applications in Azure? Get Riverbed SteelHead in the Azure Marketplace.
- Do you need to continuously monitor your cloud and datacenter based applications to get user experience insights? Get Riverbed SteelCentral AppInternals in the Azure Marketplace.