COVID-19 Announcement from Rich McBee, President and CEO, Riverbed
We have been closely monitoring the situation, and I want to share what we’re doing to keep our teams safe, while maintaining business continuity so that we can fully support our partners and customers during this time. I appreciate your partnership, and together, we can help our customers with critical technology that helps address the network performance challenges organizations are facing as employees are increasingly working from home.
Supporting the Well-Being of Our People
At Riverbed, our top priority is protecting the well-being of our employees, partners, customers, vendors, and the community at large.
To address the health and safety of our teams over the past few weeks, we’ve:
- Asked all Riverbed employees and contractors to work from home, except for business critical needs. All our employees are equipped with technology that enables them to work productively from home and continue to support your business.
- Closed various offices temporarily to adhere to local regulations and ordinances, including our San Francisco Headquarters. As local situations change, we are prepared to close additional offices, as necessary, and will also reopen offices at the appropriate time.
- Restricted nearly all business travel, including temporarily eliminating all cross-Geo travel, and highly encouraging video meetings with customers and partners, when possible.
- Followed CDC guidelines for employees returning to an office if they or a family member have visited an at risk country, or show any symptoms of being ill regardless if they traveled.
- Increased sanitizing and cleaning routines across all our facilities.
- Limited gatherings, including postponing live events or shifting them to virtual/digital formats.
Business Continuity Planning and Supply Chain
As CEO, I can assure you that Riverbed’s business is fully operational, and our Business Continuity Planning (BCP) leverages industry-best practices and standards to ensure a stable and robust operational structure during these times. Each Riverbed critical business function – including manufacturing, IT services, human resources, facilities, financial services, customer support and Riverbed Cloud Services – is responsible for contributing to Riverbed’s BCP, and these teams are meeting daily to address any circumstances that arise due to the coronavirus situation.
With regard to our supply chain, we currently have adequate inventories on-hand of Riverbed appliance components to meet our Q1 customer demand. At this point in time we are not aware of any supply constraints for Riverbed products and services, including our 24×7 maintenance and support services. Riverbed Support leverages systems that are architected with resiliency and redundancy to mitigate any customer disruption. During this period of uncertainty, our global technical support teams remain available 24×7 to support our products and our customers.
In the event of a supply challenge, Riverbed will prioritize shipment for accepted orders based on order date. You can find further details on our BCP here.
Helping Customers Address Work From Home Network Strain
The concern over ongoing business productivity combined with human empathy has risen to never-before-experienced levels for you and our customers. Similar to our own experience, we know most of our partners and customers are taking swift measures to protect the well-being of their employees, including supporting hundreds or thousands of employees as they work from home (WFH). With this sudden WFH surge globally, we also know there is tremendous strain on home and business networks.
Riverbed has always focused on helping our partners and customers maximize performance and visibility for networks and applications. During this time, our solutions for optimizing WFH network performance have become increasingly relevant. Many of our customers are using Riverbed Client Accelerator (formerly SteelHead Mobile) to boost performance of desktops and laptops as they connect to corporate networks, the cloud or SaaS apps – increasing at-home application performance by up to 10 times (for Office 365 and other business critical apps), and removing up to 99% of data on any network.
To help our valued customers during these uncertain times, Riverbed is offering a 90-day, $0 trial offer* for Client Accelerator to our SteelHead installed base customers.
We recommend that you reach out to your SteelHead customers and ask how you can help. Be sensitive and empathetic, while also seeking to understand how they are being impacted with more of their employees working from home. Riverbed’s products and services can truly help make a difference here for most customers. To leverage the 90-day trial for Riverbed Client Accelerator, contact your Channel Sales Manager (CSM) or Riverbed Sales Representative.
Additionally, for business continuity, we’re seeing customers leverage network visibility tools, which provide a comprehensive view of network and application performance across an organization, enabling IT teams to quickly diagnose and fix network issues should they arise. We have an opportunity to help our customers assess their current network visibility capabilities and to discuss best practices.
The following materials provide information on how Riverbed can help work-from-home employees remain productive during these challenging times:
- Updated Client Accelerator page on Riverbed.com
- Datasheet: Client Accelerator – NEW
- Work From Home solutions page that provides additional resources and tips.
- Work Productively at Home and On the Go webcast – addresses network and app performance for remote employees. Watch it on-demand and invite your sales teams and customers to do the same.
- Our previously scheduled March Rivercast was replaced with the above-mentioned Work Productively at Home and On the Go webcast.
In closing, this is a challenging time for all of us, and we’re in unchartered waters. But we’re in this together, and together we’ll get through this. Riverbed is here to support you, our partners, as well as to help our customers address the unique challenges they are facing during these trying times. I have sent a note (similar to this one) to all Riverbed customers, letting them know that we’re here to help. Please stay safe, and let us know if you have any questions or how we can help you or our customers.
President and CEO | Riverbed Technology, Inc.
* Terms and conditions may apply.