Misconfigurations were reduced by more than 70% in just a few months through regular network configuration analysis. Our credit card services network is now operating with higher than ever infrastructure availability - over 99.5%. Routing, IP addressing, Hot Standby, ACLs - all of these are too important and too complex to be managed manually.– VP, Infrastructure Performance Management, Major US Bank
What is network configuration management?
Accurate and up-to-date infrastructure audits and diagrams are essential for network troubleshooting, regulatory compliance, planning, and change management. Many organizations rely on labor-intensive and error-prone manual processes to update diagrams. The level of effort required to maintain up-to-date inventory and accurate network configurations continues to mount as networks become increasingly complex, dynamic, and virtualized.
Features and benefits SteelCentral NetAuditor software
SteelCentral NetAuditor is a comprehensive solution that helps companies diagram, manage and report enterprise configuration. The solution automatically discovers your network elements — highlighting new and modified devices and configuration changes in a web interface — and creates a high-definition network model using configuration data, show commands, and SNMP. SteelCentral NetAuditor:
- Creates on-demand maps and diagrams, including application network paths using a web interface to troubleshoot networking problems
- Performs in-depth analysis of network elements including routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls and WAN Optimizers including Riverbed SteelHead
- Creates automated network diagrams using configuration and operational data including physical, logical and virtual components
- Offers over 1,500 out-of-the-box rules based on industry best practices, security standards as well as customized rules and templates for organizational standards and requirements
NetAuditor dramatically reduces the workload associated with maintaining up-to-date and accurate network configuration and documentation. In addition, it maximizes network availability by improving troubleshooting and change management processes with accurate and complete network auditing and diagramming.
SteelCentral NetAuditor Automatically Generates a Network Configuration By:
Provisioner module for SteelCentral NetAuditor
Provisioner is a configuration change management solution that allows tight control over changes made to network devices and completes the end-to-end network change lifecycle. Provisioner can also restore devices to a well-known state and perform software upgrades. All device interactions are tracked with detailed reports and logs.
- Web interface with support for multiple users
- Well-defined, procedure-based change management process with support for automated bulk changes
- Restore device state using backout scripts or configuration rollback
- Platform specific built-in templates to perform device operating system upgrades
- Comprehensive management reports and logs to track changes
- Resource reservation to prevent simultaneous user modifications to devices
- Multi-vendor device support
- Web services API for process integration
- High availability support
CarrierAuditor module for SteelCentral NetAuditor
The CarrierAuditor module is required for auditing or diagramming workflows that include carrier technologies such as MPLS or IS-IS.
- Validate MPLS and IS-IS configurations
- Generate MPLS and IS-IS logical diagrams
"Layout controls and automation of [NetAuditor] are awesome. We had tried other mapping solutions and they just dropped everything in the middle!" - Network Engineer, A US State Hospital System
"Based on the customized audit reports in [NetAuditor], we were able to enforce a global standard across the entire organization. The entire process is now automated, not only leading to significant cost savings, but also detecting policy violations much faster, before they affect service availability. As a result, we have been able to reduce network outages by as much as 30%." - Network Architect, Global News Organization
"[NetAuditor] takes the manual labor out of running a network audit. It automates the whole process of configuration collection, analysis, and reporting. The reports are created like clockwork every night and they identify a wide array of potential configuration issues that would be virtually impossible to identify
manually." - Senior Network Analyst, US Energy Utility
"[NetAuditor] was selected to add value by allowing us to optimize network performance, including right-sizing links, minimizing mistakes in router configurations and even pointing out inefficient configurations. We have already experienced the benefit of using [Riverbed] software through the reduced number of customer trouble tickets." - Senior Consultant, Global IT Services Management Organization
"Misconfigurations were reduced by more than 70% in just a few months through regular network configuration analysis. Our credit card services network is now operating with higher than ever infrastructure availability - over 99.5%. Routing, IP addressing, Hot Standby, ACLs - all of these are too important and too complex to be managed manually." - VP, Infrastructure Performance Management, Major US Bank