SteelCentral™ Transaction Analyzer can analyze a multi-tier application transaction across the network and application infrastructure and automatically diagnose performance bottlenecks or validate readiness prior to deployment. It provides three key capabilities that are unique to the industry:
- Analyze multi-tier application transactions and their overall performance
- Automatically diagnose network and application performance bottlenecks
- Conduct "what if" analyses to predict the impact of network changes, including WAN optimization, on response times/end user experience or to validate proposed solutions prior to deployment
Analyze multi-tier transactions
In today’s complex application architectures, a transaction can involve many tiers and the exchange of thousands of messages between them. Finding the source of delay for an individual transaction in multi-tiered server environments can be like finding a needle in a haystack. SteelCentral Transaction Analyzer can collate packet traces from multiple points to build a multi-tier view of the transaction and visualize how each part of the system contributes to the overall performance of that application.
Automatically diagnose performance bottlenecks
Affectionally known as the “argument ender,” Transaction Analyzer automatically diagnoses network (latency, bandwidth, protocol, congestion, chattiness, TCP Windowing, etc.) and application (tier processing) performance bottlenecks, leaving no doubt as to what and where to problem is (Fig 1.).
Fig 1. SteelCentral Transaction Analyzer automatically diagnoses performance bottlenecks.
Prediction and What-if Analysis
Conduct "what if" analyses to predict the impact of network changes on application response times or to validate proposed solutions prior to deployment. Even quantify the effects of WAN optimization on your application performance prior to moving to the cloud, for example (Fig 2.)
Fig. 2 SteelCentral Transaction Analyzer predicts response times in numerous what-if scenarios, including moving to the cloud, upgrading to a 10GbE link, or adding WAN optimization to the existing link.
Benefits of SteelCentral™ Transaction Analyzer
SteelCentral Transaction Analyzer is a unique and powerful solution that enables detailed analysis of a single transaction through visualization and analysis techniques that help you quickly and conclusively determine the root cause of performance problems.
- Diagnose multi-tier application problems faster and easier
- Quantify the effects of changes to your network and application performance before deployment
- Gain ubiquitous visibility across servers, desktops, VMs, and cloud using light-weight capture agents