I use SteelCentral Controller for SteelHead to monitor the status of the environment and the impact our various business applications are having on the network. The reports…also provide critical information to support the department’s planning decisions, such as the impact of a new application rollout.- Ken Walker, Manager, Technology and Outsourced Services, New Zealand Department of Conservation
Read the customer story >
Improve Application Performance in the Hybrid Enterprise
SteelCentral Controller for SteelHead enables you to easily leverage and control hybrid WANs for accelerated delivery, based on your business requirements, of critical applications over faster, more secure networks and less-critical recreational applications over the public Internet. The solution simplifies application performance and path management and ensures secure service-level delivery for business critical applications. SteelCentral Controller for SteelHead also provides performance monitoring with reporting metrics such as traffic levels, application throughput performance and TCP session flow characteristics – to help diagnose and fix problems.
SteelCentral Controller for SteelHead now enables us to monitor performance improvements and manage the configuration from one application. Also, by centralizing the backup and recovery processes we have been able to reduce the associated management costs.- Theo Thijs, Director of Information Services, EU, NAVTEQ
Read the customer story >
Easy configuration, visibility, optimization and control
SteelCentral Controller leverages a wizard-like process for defining application policies based on customer business requirements and helps you prioritize, secure and deliver applications over any network (MPLS and Internet) based on intent-based, global business policies.
The SteelCentral Controller for SteelHead provides easy configuration, monitoring, upgrading, troubleshooting and reporting on your Riverbed SteelHead solutions including groups of SteelHead CX appliances, virtual or cloud instances, and SteelHead Interceptor appliances in an easy-to-use, browser-based management console.
- Centralizes configuration for a SteelHead deployment from a single dashboard
- Enables configuration of security setup to enable hybrid path selection of secured networks
- Sends configuration to SteelHeads automatically once they come online
Centralized monitoring and reporting
- Monitors SteelCentral Controller for SteelHead Mobile and SteelHead Interceptor including health checks, auto-registrations and automatic backups
- Supports SNMP MIBs to monitor SteelHeads through third party applications
- Provides reporting capabilities on the SteelHead solution’s health and other statistics in an easy-to-use format
- Supports additions or removal of SteelHeads without affecting operations
- Facilitates backup and restore of all configuration files from distributed SteelHeads
- Allows scheduling of updates and policy configurations so they can take place after-hours or at any specified time
The SteelHead appliances are very resilient, we now have the bandwidth we need, when we need it, and we now understand what makes up our network traffic.- Ken Walker, Manager, Technology and Outsourced Services, New Zealand Department of Conservation
Read the customer story >
Manage hybrid WAN optimization at scale with SteelCentral Controller for SteelHead
SteelCentral Controller for SteelHead enables you to maximize the ROI of your SteelHead deployment.
- Streamlines configuration and ongoing management of a large SteelHead deployment
- Simplifies configuration management with flexible group features to deploy consistent configurations
- Provides cluster management for the SteelHead Interceptor appliances
- Facilitates configuration by automatically deriving all application path possibilities across all SteelHeads
Aggregated and granular reporting
- Provides flexible reporting on the performance improvements
- Reports on bandwidth usage, bandwidth compression, and specific performance of particular ports/apps /appliances
- Displays a centralized view of the overall health of all SteelHeads
Visibility, Optimization, Control
- Provides at-a-glance views globally, by sites and by application in dashboard views
- Dynamically selects the best path based on application-aware, business intent-based policies and network availability
- Increases application and data transfer performance up to 100x
- Delivers improved visibility with end user monitoring for all optimized traffic on premise and now including optimized Web and SaaS applications
Learn more about SteelHead and Hybrid WANs
Determine Your ROI
You understand the benefits of SteelHead WAN Optimization. Now you can use the resources here to estimate the return on investment with WAN optimization for your organization:
Easily leverage and control Hybrid WANs to increase available bandwidth, application performance and network reliability at the lowest cost possible.
Provide mobile workers with up to 60x faster performance of business-critical web applications from mobile devices, while reducing bandwidth up to 99%.
SteelHead SaaS delivers secure optimization of SaaS applications to maximize the end user experience of a global workforce. Accommodating user, client, and application mobility, SteelHead SaaS offers the flexibility to quickly scale and improve business agility, while containing costs.