Like any large retailer, this multi-national telecommunications provider requires IT efficiency and cost-effective solutions. Given a highly distributed organization with thousands of branch stores, the network is crucial. To match bandwidth cost and performance optimization needs, the organization decided to move to a hybrid network (MPLS and Internet).
The network, however, is complex to operate with several network segments per store (required for both PCI compliance and supporting guest WiFi) and multiple WAN technologies per site (LTE and MPLS). Furthermore, all of these technologies must work together with local WiFi and switching. As the provider rapidly rolls out new applications for its next-gen branch store experience, network operating costs and difficult change management impacting agility are becoming major concerns.
SteelConnect Value Add
- Dramatically reduced operational complexity of the network, including hybrid WAN and LAN technologies
- Easily provisioned network segments at sites using a unified LAN + WAN Zoning concept for improved security and greater agility
- Instant, global and centralized policy management for deployment of hybrid networking and network segmentation rules
- Accelerated applications with SteelHead WAN optimization
- Improved user experience and easy troubleshooting with SteelCentral visibility into network and app performance
“Where other SD-WAN approaches bring software-defined networking to the edge of the network, SteelConnect extends those capabilities throughout a user's branch offices.”
- Brad Casemore, IDC/SearchNetworking, April 2016
Enterprises struggling with device complexity and/or high WAN transport or equipment costs should pilot SD-WAN solutions in their branch offices. - Gartner , “Technology Overview for SD-WAN,” July 2015
Assess SD-WAN Migration and Accelerate SteelConnect Deployments and Time to Value.
Ready to get started?
Reach the full potential of your digital investments with Riverbed