What is Zero Branch IT?
As today’s enterprises add additional office locations, they are also adding expensive hardware as well as support challenges for IT. Valuable company data stored in these locations is often left unprotected. Without qualified IT staff on site to manage servers, storage and backup at the branch, it can take days, weeks or even months to provision new services, resolve application performance issues and recover from outages, directly impacting business productivity and ultimately business results. Riverbed® offers a new approach – Zero Branch IT.
Riverbed SteelFusion is the first and only hyper-converged infrastructure for branch IT, enables 100% consolidation of branch data and servers from remote sites into data centers, delivering complete data security and centralized data protection, without compromising on any of the benefits of running branch services locally for your users. SteelFusion eliminates the need for physical servers, storage and backup infrastructure at branch locations, creates the ability to instantly provision and recover branch services, and provides full visibility and superior performance of on-premises and cloud-based applications, leading to dramatic increases in data security, business continuity, agility and operational efficiency.
Why SteelFusion for Zero Branch IT?
“With SteelFusion, branch data is delivered encrypted from the datacenter at local speed, no matter the distance or location, and enables the restore of operations in a matter of minutes versus days, maintaining high productivity for branch staff.”
– Searl Tate, Director of Engineering, Paul Hastings
Riverbed SteelFusion makes the branch of the future a reality by combining best-in-class WAN optimization, virtualization and storage delivery into one branch IT solution.
- No servers. No storage. No backup.
- Instant provisioning. Instant recovery.
- Complete security. Full visibility.
- Apps that simply work.
SteelFusion reduces the average time to provision branch services by 30x (from five hours to ten minutes) and recovery from branch outages by 96x (from 24 hours to 15 minutes), according to Taneja Group.
Reduce branch IT costs and data loss risk
“SteelFusion lets us bring down the complexity of what the local IT resources need to manage, and allows us to focus our IT expertise where there is ample talent available.”
– Rohit Tellis, Director of Information Technology, Alamos Gold
SteelFusion serves as the infrastructure for your branch, significantly lowering capital and operational costs, mitigating the risk of branch disasters, and improving IT’s responsiveness to the business.
- Control data in the datacenter, removing sensitive information from high-risk locations
- Slash IT costs by eliminating the need to purchase, maintain, and backup servers in branch offices
- Simplify IT workloads by completely eliminating the need for branch backup
- Quickly provision new applications to remote and branch offices from the datacenter
- Reduce the amount of time it takes you to setup a new branch
- Deploy innovative architectures that provide you with a competitive advantage
- Improve employee and customer satisfaction with higher-performing, more reliable branches
IDC: Enhancing Business Value with an Edge-Optimized Virtual Server and Storage Delivery Solution
What’s new in SteelFusion 4.0
Read about how Riverbed is redefining branch IT with the release of SteelFusion 4.0.
Read what's new >
Back To Top