The ability to cluster the SteelHead appliances using SteelHead Interceptor helps us increase the capacity and also provides very good fail over capabilities.- Eoghan Doyle, Director of Infrastructure and Operations, Willis Group Holdings
Read the customer story >
What is a load balancer?
SteelHead Interceptor enables customers to scale optimization solutions to support hundreds of thousands of end users across an enterprise, as well as very high bandwidth connections into the data center. SteelHead Interceptor clusters groups of SteelHeads to work together seamlessly and provides:
- Real-time dynamic load balancing of your SteelHeads
- Enhanced optimization for even greater throughput and bandwidth reduction
- The ability to add, modify, or remove SteelHeads in real time, with no disruption to operations
- Clustering of up to 20 SteelHeads to manage up to one million concurrent connections
There are lots of traffic accelerators on the market, but Interceptor is the only one to allow us to upgrade network capacity without impacting the data center.- Lionel Marie, Network Architect, Schneider Electric
Read the Customer Story >
Intelligently integrate all your SteelHead solutions
With SteelHead Interceptor, you can intelligently integrate all your SteelHead solutions while directing activity and network load with superior management and administration capabilities.
Whether you want more throughput or connections than just one SteelHead can provide – or if you desire a higher availability option – SteelHead Interceptor helps manage and scale SteelHead solutions.
TCP connection forwarding
- Ensures continuity between SteelHead appliances in large environments with asymmetrically-routed networks
- Supports one to four Interceptors, and up to 20 SteelHead solutions
Multiple configuration options
- Offers multiple configuration options − in series, in parallel and in quad
- Delivers multiple in-path clustering and flexible network failure options
- Supports up to 10 rules, tracing up to 1,000 connections for troubleshooting
- Works with the SteelHead IP Address and Port Transparency feature for more visibility
Speed with finely tuned control
- Supports 1 million optimized connections
- Exclusively provides hardware assist pass through
- Delivers fine grain control of what traffic gets optimized and how, with configurable load balancing rules
- Allows real time-cluster management without disruption to services
An increasing amount of our international offices no longer need local IT professionals or significant local infrastructure.- Eoghan Doyle, Director of Infrastructure and Operations, Willis Group Holdings
Read the Customer Story >
Scale your optimization and ensure high-availability
SteelHead Interceptor makes it easy to extend the benefits of SteelHead solutions across a large enterprise, while centralizing management efforts and ensuring optimization services across the enterprise.
Optimization scalability and high-availability
- Increases scalability to accelerate more users and applications in high bandwidth environments
- Continues high availability operations by diverting to fully functional SteelHeads with a SteelHead or network failure
- Offers fair peering load-balancing intelligence that steers traffic to the optimal SteelHead
- Exclusively delivers the only load-balancing solution capable of assessing SteelHead appliances to most efficiently balance traffic
Simplified management for large enterprises
- Integrates with Riverbed SteelCentral Controller for centralized management and upgrades
- Automatically load-balances th entire SteelHead cluster
- Eliminates transmission of redundant data to offer the most bandwidth reduction
Visibility, optimization and control
- Increases application and data transfer performance up to 100x
- Delivers improved visibility with end user monitoring for all optimized traffic on premise and web and SaaS applications
Histórias de clientes sobre o SteelHead Interceptor
Clique no logotipo de cada cliente para ver como o SteelHead oferece o desempenho da aplicação e os menores custos operacionais de que os clientes precisam.
Precisa de ajuda para escolher o produto SteelHead adequado para a sua organização?
Obtenha mais informações sobre as características técnicas e os requisitos de cada modelo nas especificações do SteelHead.
Potência [Watts] (Típica)
Dimensões do sistema (CxLxA) (iii)
27,87 X 17,24 X 3,45 pol.
707,8 X 438 X 87,6 mm
25,72 x 17,0 x 5,2 pol.
653,4 x 431,6 x 131,9 mm
|Peso máximo (sem embalagem)
||40 lbs/ 18,14 kg||51 lbs/ 23,2 kg|
Faça o download das especificações completas da família SteelHead