SAN FRANCISCO—April 15, 2015— Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the leader in application performance infrastructure, today announced it will host the eighth annual SharkFest '15 Wireshark® Educational Conference at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, Calif. June 22 - 25. SharkFest is an annual event, established to bring together the global Wireshark developer and user communities to share knowledge and experience, and advance the evolution of the open source project. Wireshark is the world's most popular free packet and network analyzer, helping IT Professionals analyze, isolate, troubleshoot, secure, and remediate network issues, and assisting developers in protocol-debugging exercises, to name a few of its benefits.
Tweet this: Riverbed is excited to host the 8th annual #SharkFest15 Wireshark event. Get the details & register today: http://rvbd.ly/1zdkkxo
At SharkFest, knowledge, experience, and best practices are shared among members of the Wireshark global developer and user communities. Participants come together to hone their skills in the art of packet analysis by attending a rich and varied schedule of sessions taught by the most seasoned experts in the industry. New for SharkFest '15 is "The Reef," a drop-in mentoring area open each conference day. In The Reef, attendees can:
- Work through a series of self-paced Hands-On Labs to hone Wireshark skills
- Meet with Wireshark mentors to work through specific analysis issues
- Collaborate with other attendees/experts on the Whiteboard Wall
- Catch Wireshark Tips and Tricks on the big screen
- Meet and mingle with SharkFest speakers, developers, and technology
experts from SharkFest sponsors
Additional SharkFest '15 Highlights:
- John Hollar, CEO, Computer History Museum, will deliver the opening keynote "How Computer Geeks, Geniuses & Renegades are Changing the World" on Tuesday, June 23rd, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Gerald Combs, the original author of the Wireshark (originally known as Ethereal) source code, will deliver the closing keynote "Wireshark in 2015 and Beyond" and present Packet Challenge Awards on Thursday, June 25th, 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Treasure Hunt through the Revolution Exhibit and Vendor Technology Showcase on Tuesday evening, June 23rd. The Computer History Museum and SharkFest organizers have devised a Computer History Puzzle Hunt - a series of questions pertaining to items and information presented in the Revolution Exhibit and questions relating to each SharkFest sponsor that an be answered by visiting each sponsor location. 10 participants will be chosen to receive prizes based on their answers.
"SharkFest provides a rich schedule of instruction in the art of packet analysis for beginners as well as more experienced Wireshark users in a relaxed and informal setting that encourages the interchange of ideas, experience, and tribal knowledge," said Gerald Combs, Director of Open Source Projects at Riverbed, and original author of the Wireshark source code. "In our 17-year history, the Wireshark project has evolved considerably and the community that comes together at SharkFest accelerates this evolution. Riverbed is proud to sponsor and host SharkFest and contribute to its educational mission."
Wireshark is the world's most popular, free network analyzer with more than one million downloads per month. Created by Gerald Combs under the original name Ethereal, today Wireshark is maintained by a dedicated group of core developers and sponsored by Riverbed through its 2010 acquisition of CACE Technologies, Inc. As the sponsor, Riverbed is committed to maintaining the strong, independent, and community-driven nature of Wireshark.
Conference registration is open. The conference registration fee is $1,295, with discounts available for active duty and veteran military personnel, CS students, faculty and IT staff associated with accredited academic institutions, IT staff from non-profit organizations, and returning SharkFest attendees. Riverbed customers can receive a 30% sponsor discount by contacting email@example.com. For more information and to register, please visit: http://sharkfest.wireshark.org.
Connect with Riverbed
Riverbed®, The Digital Performance Company™, is united in our purpose of Advancing the Human Experience in the Digital World. Behind every digital experience is a human one, and Riverbed enables organizations to measure digital experiences and maximize digital performance so they can deliver better and more powerful human experiences— for customers, employees, partners, patients, and citizens. Riverbed’s Digital Performance Platform includes a combination of Digital Experience Management and Digital Networking solutions that ensure superior digital and user experiences, provides new levels of operational agility and accelerates business outcomes. Riverbed’s 30,000+ customers include 100% of the Forbes Global 100. Learn more at riverbed.com
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.