What is IT infrastructure monitoring?
The health of the infrastructure components supporting your critical applications is an essential part of application as important as those applications, because if the infrastructure fails, your applications fail, too. You need to be one step ahead with real-time, actionable information to identify and diagnose problems before your business is impacted. Are you trying to identify infrastructure component problems without having to deploy costly agents everywhere? Do you need a better way to know if your sites, applications, and devices go down during off hours? Can you tell which path an application actually took?
Features and benefits of SteelCentral NetSensor
SteelCentral NetSensor provides agentless infrastructure component monitoring to deliver a comprehensive picture of how your infrastructure is affecting network and application performance. It offers server monitoring along with a broad overview of how the devices on your network are performing to complement your network and application performance management visibility including:
- Capture and monitor live performance metrics of infrastructure components without deploying agents
- Monitor service, application and server availability and performance 24/7 - even during off hours
- Analyze live and historical metrics such as CPU, memory, processes, and network interfaces
- Use remote instrumentation interfaces including SNMP and WMI to capture performance information
- Get accurate application-path analysis through the network at layers 2 and 3