How to Recycle
How to Recycle Your Trade Up Gear
Customers/Partners must log in to the Support Portal and go to the Trade Up page in order to certify that the products have been recycled/retired in accordance with local environmental standards and will no longer be used in a production environment. They also need to certify that the products have been traded up for new Riverbed products under the terms of the Trade Up Program.
Riverbed will provide credit for the unused maintenance support for the retired or recycled product(s). Failure to meet the terms and conditions of the Trade Up Program may result in the loss of discounts/credits on product purchased through it.
Customers and partners have two options for letting Riverbed know that their Trade Up gear has been removed:
- Certificate of retirement: To certify, through the Trade Up page on the support portal, the self-destruction of the traded up units in accordance with local environmental standards.
- Certificate of recycling: To certify, through the Trade Up page on the support portal, recycling traded up units through M-Cubed, the Riverbed’s preferred recycling partner.
How to submit a product to be recycled/retired.
- M-Cubed will reply with 2 business days.
- M-cubed will provide shipping details and a tag number for future reference.
- Shipping materials are not included.
All questions related to the destruction of Trade Up units, including support credit memos, should be sent to:
See our Terms and Conditions
Credit amount varies based on the appliance you are recycling and the new appliance you purchase to replace such older appliances. Credit amount may also vary based on any special pricing or other promotional offers made available on the sale of the new replacement appliance. Please contact your Riverbed authorized partner for more information.