When organizations consolidate IT and move to build private, public and hybrid cloud environments, the distance created between users and their data often results in high-latency, increased bandwidth requirements and poor performance. Riverbed WAN optimization and storage optimization solutions enable enterprises to overcome these drawbacks.
The combined solution of Riverbed SteelFusion and Riverbed SteelHead enables customers to achieve the full potential of their data consolidation initiatives, securing and protecting within and across data centers. Riverbed SteelFusion storage optimization appliances empower IT organizations to pull back data from the branch office and manage it on NetApp storage systems in the data center. Once data is centralized, Riverbed SteelHead appliances dramatically accelerate WAN performance for NetApp SnapMirror, overcoming bandwidth and geographical limitations to achieve higher levels of data protection.
Riverbed enables NetApp customers to:
- Secure remote data in the data center and simplify branch IT
- Consolidate branch servers and storage to data center
- Centralize branch office backup operations
- Accelerate disaster recovery & achieve near-instant RTO
- Improve RPO with up-to 50x performance increase for data replication
- Reduce WAN capacity requirements by up-to 99%
To learn more about the Riverbed and NetApp alliances, please visit http://solutionconnection.netapp.com/riverbed-technology.aspx.
- Solution Brief - Accelerate Data Center Replication with Riverbed and NetApp
- Solution Brief – Riverbed SteelFusion and NetApp Storage