SAN FRANCISCO—August 25, 2014— Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the leader in application performance infrastructure, today announced it will showcase how businesses can overcome visibility and distance limitations with the Riverbed Application Performance Platform at VMworld 2014 booth #517:
Moscone Center, San Francisco
August 24-28, 2014
Tweet This: #Riverbed powers business with no limits at booth 517 at #VMworld: rvbd.ly/1lqcbUR
Software-defined. Mobility. Cloud. These capabilities promise to propel business with no limits. Right? Wrong. Riverbed helps customers overcome long distances and a lack of visibility across the hybrid enterprise. Together, Riverbed and VMware power business with no limits.
At VMworld 2014, Riverbed Technology, the leader in application performance infrastructure, will showcase the benefits of location-independent computing delivered by the Riverbed® Application Performance Platform™, a set of integrated solutions that give companies the flexibility to host applications and data in the locations that best serve the business. To fuel the next wave of business growth, IT must help the business overcome visibility and distance limitations. That's why Riverbed teamed up with VMware to eliminate these limitations in software-defined and cloud infrastructures. Now Riverbed® SteelHead™, Riverbed® SteelApp™ Traffic Manger and Riverbed® SteelCentral™ Services Controllers are certified to run on VMware vCloud Air. Together, Riverbed and VMware enable IT to operate software-defined data centers, run hybrid cloud services, deliver virtual desktops and manage physical desktops, all without limits.
DEMONSTRATIONS (Booth #517)
- Riverbed SteelCentral - Software-defined data centers (SDDC) are a leap forward in efficiency and automation, and VMware NSX virtualization platform is a cornerstone of SDDC. Riverbed SteelCentral provides visibility into NSX virtualized networks. With Riverbed, VMware admins can proactively monitor and troubleshoot virtual and physical network performance in a single solution, and better control virtual overlay network performance in the SDDC.
- Riverbed SteelApp, SteelCentral, and SteelHead as VMware vCloud Air - Architecting a hybrid mix of private and public cloud enables IT to be agile enough to keep pace with the business. Riverbed SteelHead, SteelApp Traffic Manager, and SteelCentral Services Controllers are now certified to run on VMware vCloud Air. This ensures VMware teams can overcome security, scalability, and performance challenges - resulting in the best user experience in the hybrid enterprise.
- Riverbed® SteelFusion™ - Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) delivers desktop security and control, but cost and distance barriers make it difficult to deliver these at remote sites. VMware Horizon and Riverbed SteelFusion have developed a branch converged infrastructure solution that combines local desktop performance with fully centralized provisioning. VMware admins can provision virtual desktops 30x faster and recover from branch outages 96x faster.
- Riverbed SteelHead - SteelHead accelerates VMware Horizon Mirage for managing branch desktops when businesses aren't using a VDI architecture. SteelHead, available as a virtual appliance in any VMware environment, leverages a superior data reduction algorithm and transport layer optimization to provide a foundation for acceleration of Mirage traffic, resulting in 4x faster upgrades from Windows XP to Windows 7, 4x faster backups, and up to 98% reduction in Mirage bandwidth utilization.
VMWARE BREAKOUT SESSION, CO-PRESENTED BY RIVERBED
- When: Tuesday, August 26, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Visit the VMworld session catalog
- Participating: Charles Kaplan, Deputy CTO, Riverbed and Vyenkatesh Deshpande, Senior Product Manager, VMware
- Details: Riverbed SteelCentral and VMware NSX come together to monitor network and application performance in an NSX environment. Learn how admins can proactively monitor and troubleshoot virtual and physical network performance.
Connect with Riverbed
Riverbed®, The Digital Performance Company™, is united in our purpose of Advancing the Human Experience in the Digital World. Behind every digital experience is a human one, and Riverbed enables organizations to measure digital experiences and maximize digital performance so they can deliver better and more powerful human experiences— for customers, employees, partners, patients, and citizens. Riverbed’s Digital Performance Platform includes a combination of Digital Experience Management and Digital Networking solutions that ensure superior digital and user experiences, provides new levels of operational agility and accelerates business outcomes. Riverbed’s 30,000+ customers include 100% of the Forbes Global 100. Learn more at riverbed.com
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.